Friday, April 6, 2012

On Calvary


I try to imagine what it would have been like on that Hill today … Would I have followed Jesus up the Hill weeping for Him … Would I have helped Him carry the cross … Would I have offered to take His place ???  Would I have died so that people that detest me, spit on me, mocked me, and beat me could have everlasting life … With nails in my wrist & feet, would I have been able to say “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.”

Although not to the extreme measure as Jesus, Christians face the same judgments from unbelievers.   We are detested, spit on, mocked, beaten, persecuted and some are put to death. 
We should not be surprised by this.  Jesus warned that we would be hated because of Him.  Matt 10:22. 

The question is … when we are faced with such persecution, do we remain faithful?  Will we forgive & love them like Jesus did on the cross?

No comments:

Post a Comment